Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers for Algernon

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter, would you do it, especially if you knew the the effects of the surgery would only be temporary? Why or Why not? Use examples from the story.

I wouldn't want the to take the operation. I don't think I would want to be smarter because I won't have it for too long. In my opinion, I say there is no point of it. It's like giving a toddler a toy and then taking it away. Sure, it'll last a little while, but not for too long. Another reason why I wouldn't want to take the operation is because maybe I'll get picked on. Charlie was laughed at, after the operation. People were jealous in a way, because he was smarter than them, so they made fun of him. He thought they were laughing with him, when really, they were laughing at him. It can also be dangerous to have surgeries, something can go wrong. I'll only have a surgery if the process would last forever. But since it doesn't, then I wouldn't take the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Some stuff bout' me

My photo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Ask me. ;]